Monday, January 31, 2011

Special Project!

I realize Christmas and new years has come and gone and we are definitely into a new year! It is crazy busy around here, but there are some special previews to add!
One of them being a special project for the family this last Christmas!
I did a photo shoot of my Mom and Dad reading a very special story. Frau Holle (Mother Hulda). My Mom has an original Grimm's Fairy Tales book that belonged to my Grandma. It is all in German. My Grandma used to read some of the stories in this book to my Mother and her siblings when they were young. Frau Holle (Mother Hulda) is a special story to us and we just love it! My sister, Kristin, found an English version of the Grimms Fairy Tales and bought it for my Mom on day. It is really neat to read the English and German version together because they are almost word for word! I really wanted some pictures of my parents and be able to HEAR them read this story. So, I did a photo session of my parents reading the story out of the special books and afterwards did an audio recording of them reading the story. My dad read the English version and my Mom read the German version. We even made separate recordings of just the English version and a separate one of just the German. I designed the book with the special portraits along with a personal account from my Mom how and why this story is special to her- and us. The German book is so old it is literally falling apart! I also took pictures of the pages in both books, to be able to pass along what the original book that my Grandma brought over from Germany looked like, and also to be able to follow along with the recordings. This is just a very special and sentimental project that will be passed through our family for generations!
I am so glad to have the pictures of my parents and especially to have the recording of their voices to have forever. I can still remember my Grandma's voice and her darling German accent! I wish I had a recording of her reading the letters from my Tante Hanna or just talking. I am so glad to have this now, and that we didn't wait for the time when we look back and "wish" we had done this.
~ ~


L

L

M

M

M

M

M

M

L

L

L

L

L

L

Have a special project in mind? Do you want or need photography as part of that special project? Leave me a comment, send me an email at otbphotography@yahoo.com or give me a call at 801-649-5225 and let me know what you have in mind for your special project! Let's get started and not wait until you "wish" you had!

No comments: