Monday, January 4, 2010

The Sacred Grove

I had the opportunity to travel back East in October. Before heading to Connecticut, we made a stop in Palmyra, NY. We stopped in Palmyra to see some of the LDS Church History Sites. The Sacred Grove being a MUST while we were there! It was a beautiful time of year to be back East! The chill in the air and the beautiful fall leaves! It was really neat!
I, of course, took my cameras with me- and tried my hand at landscape photography. I haven't done a lot of landscape photography and didn't think this was one of my strengths. I was surprised and very happy with what I got! It was such a neat experience, one I wish I could have shared with my whole family!!! --I found a way, this Christmas, to share that with my family and my dearest friends! I had some of my favorite shots printed and framed for my family! I have received MANY compliments and requests from others who want one of their own. I thought I would post some of my favorite portraits on here to share with all of you. I will be adding pictures of the framed portraits for you to see as well. If you are interested in ordering a print (with or with out a frame) drop me an email. I will be posting prices soon. Please let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!
~Angie

These first three happen to be my top favorites. They are printed on a metalic paper that just gives these portraits such dimension!

3055

3057

3065

3049

This picture with the leaf is pretty special. The leaves were just falling all around us as we walked through the grove! The trees are so dense that when you look up, some of the leaves that have already fallen, just fall onto branches with leaves still attached. This leaf just happened to float down and rested on this branch of leaves. It was so perfect how it layed there, I had to grab a shot of it! I just love this shot! One of the neat things for me about this picture, is after I took this picture, we took the leaf with us and pressed it in a book. It will soon be framed to go next to this picture!

3048

3045

3346

This last shot is not from the Sacred Grove. It is actually a picture of the path that you can walk up as you climb to the top of the Hill Cummorah! Such a beautiful place! I am so glad I have these pictures not only to remember this incredible trip, but to share with all of you! I hope you enjoy!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them all! I would love to have a collection of all of them! I would also like a huge one of the red leaf above our tv in our family room!

Foster Mom said...

I love these pic...I want to buy a print or 2...are they for sale?
hope everything is going great!

Angie said...

These are for sale. I will be posting sizes and prices later on tonight. I am so glad you all like them!
~Angie

snapie said...

I love the leaf and the picture under the leaf. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!

Shari said...

Incredible , all of them. I'll keep checking on your blogg to get the price list

Angie said...

Sorry it's taking me so long to get the prices together. I have them for the prints alone, but just waiting to know the prices of frames so I can post them for you. I will be posting some pictures of these prints in the frames soon as well! They are stunning! I just love them! I think you are definitely going to want them with the frames! Thanks everyone!
~Angie

Angie said...

Sorry it's taking me so long to get the prices together. I have them for the prints alone, but just waiting to know the prices of frames so I can post them for you. I will be posting some pictures of these prints in the frames soon as well! They are stunning! I just love them! I think you are definitely going to want them with the frames! Thanks everyone!
~Angie

Rachel C said...

Um, AMAZING! Angie you are incredible! I can't wait to learn from you!
-Rachel Crane

daveandjoel@yahoo.com said...

Angie...it was me who posted the previous comment, not Patrick, btw!

Angie said...

OH! LOL!

Angie said...

So, sad news. The awesome frames that I had these pictures in has been discontinued. Dang it! So, those who got them in the frames have a one of a kind! ;oD I'm on the hunt for another frame that will be equalling stunning! Stay tuned!
~Angie

KingFlitton said...

OK SOOOOO> Mary gave me the sizes on Saterday! I really would like to order on of the landscape prints if I could. Shold I just call you?

jendalyn said...

Angie--That last pic of the path up the hill is exactly where Curtis and I got engaged! I'd love a print of this! Let me know prices!! :)